| Publications |
Culture Medium: Current | Culture Medium: Old
| Culture Conditions | Recipes: Current |
Recipes: Old | Cell Thawing |
Characteristics | Subculture: Current | Subculture: Old |
Quality Control | Cell IMF Protocols
| Preservation (Cell Freezing) | DNA Delivery
- Generation time is 1 generation/~72 hours.
- Cloning efficiency is 80-90%.
- Cell pellet should be light brown in color.
- The cells have 1 to 2 nucleoli.
- During mitosis the cells are attached.
- The cells form bile canaliculi (BC), phase lucent structures.
- When cells are confluent, they are viable in this stage for 1 week.
- Cells are very similar to WIF-12-1 cells, except they do not go into the
- The cells grow better and produce more BC when cells are in high density,
>2.8 x 104 cell/cm2 (1.5 x 106 cell/10cm dish, for experimental set up).
When the cells are confluent they exhibit many BC.
- At confluency 90% of the cells exhibit BC.
- For additional characteristics see the publications,
- Cells do begin to show signs of apoptosis after 7 to 10 days in culture.
This can increase with further time in the culture during a given passage.
Cellular debris is clearly visible, cells can be rinsed (F12 without serum
or a HANKs buffer are fine), then fed to remove debris